Is your Facebook page optimized for SEO?
Diana Richardson, Lead Search Engine Specialist — Dominion Web Solutions
May 28, 2013
Filed under Service Providers
Facebook and other social media sites are powerful tools to help your online marketing strategy, and just like your website, your Facebook page will benefit from a good dose of SEO. Here are some tips to help give your Facebook dealership page more visibility within searches:
- Give your page a good name. You don't want your name to be too generic, yet you also don't want it to be too long in keywords. "OEM Dealer of City, State" would work.
- Create your custom vanity URL. Once you have at least 25 Likes, you can create a custom URL using your business name or other descriptive terms for your fan page.
- Use keywords. Just like on your website, inserting keywords into your fan page name, about section, company description and even in your status updates can help your search visibility.
- Don't forget your phone number and physical address. This will help local search results, and Google weighs pages with this information higher.
- Use backlinks. When looking for links to your website, consider sending some to your Facebook page. Adding icons to your website linking to your social media pages is a great place to start.
- Add value. You don't want just fans and likes. Create content that is engaging and coincides with your products and services.
By optimizing your Facebook page for SEO success, you increase the number of opportunities for customers to find your dealership through the search engines.
Diana Richardson is a lead search engine specialist with Dominion Web Solutions.