PowersportsBusiness.com
You will automatically be redirected in 15 seconds. Click here to proceed.

Social Media

Pennsylvania grants $1.6 million to recreational trails

May 13, 2008
Filed under Features

More than $1.16 million in grants were awarded to 19 Pennsylvania counties for 25 projects involving the planning, acquisition, construction and maintenance of recreational trails, according to the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.

The funding supports both motorized and non-motorized recreation, including snowmobiling, ATV riding and off-road motorcycling. The grant program provides up to 80 percent of the project’s cost, with the applicant providing the remaining 20 percent.

The Pennsylvania Recreational Trails grants receive funding from the Federal Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century. The grants provide funding to maintain, improve and restore existing trails; develop trailhead facilities; construct new trails; purchase and lease equipment needed to maintain trails; and provide educational programs to promote safety and environmental protection related to trails.

  • To return to the current issue, click here.
  • For more of the latest news, click here.

Comments

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!