Yamaha adds new models to 2011 lineup
September 2, 2010
Filed under Features
Yamaha Motor Corp. U.S.A. held regional dealer meetings yesterday, showing off three new motorcycle models.
Those unveilings included:
• The adventure touring XT1200 Super Tenere: This bike, with its 1200cc parallel twin engine, will feature Yamaha’s YCC-T fly by wire technology and an all-new traction control system, which regulates ignition timing and fuel injection volume based on rear wheel spin. Deliveries of the bike ($13,900 MSRP) begin in May.
• The new FZ 8: This naked sport bike features a 779cc liquid-cooled, four-stroke, inline four-cylinder and four-valve engine. This 2011 model will be available in dealerships in December with a starting MSRP of $8,490.
• A new Star addition: The Stryker, designed with chopper-inspired looks, has a 1300cc V-twin engine. The new model will have a low seat height of 26.4 inches and a chopper-inspired 21-inch front wheel. The 2011 Stryker will be in dealerships beginning in September with a MSRP of $10,990.
- For more of the latest news, click here.
- To see the contents of the current print issue of PSB, click here.