Kawasaki introduces new lineup to dealers
October 5, 2010
Filed under Features
LAS VEGAS — Kawasaki held its national dealer meeting today in Las Vegas, showing off at least three new models to its dealer network.
The new models included:
• The Vulcan 1700 Vaquero: This new bagger cruiser’s engine, air-cleaner cover, wheels, fork assembly and tank cover all get a blackout treatment. The new model also features lockable side-loading hard bags and an electronic cruise control system, operated from the right handlebar and usable at any speed between 30 mph-85 mph in any of the top four gears.
• Ninja 1000 – The new superbike’s powerplant has a 1,043cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, 16-valve inline-four, featuring a long-stroke design for instantaneous power, a six-speed gearbox, and electronic fuel injection. The bike also features an advanced aluminum frame similar in design to that of the Ninja ZX-10R sport bike.
• Ninja ZX-10R ABS — The new sport bike features an all-new anti-lock system called KIBS, or Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System. Kawasaki described it as the smallest and lightest ABS unit ever built for a motorcycle, one Bosch designed specifically with sport bikes in mind. It’s nearly 50 percent smaller than current motorcycle ABS units, Kawasaki said.
For more on Kawasaki’s 2011 unveilings, see an upcoming edition of Powersports Business.
- For more of the latest news, click here.
- To see the contents of the current print issue of PSB, click here.