Polaris reveals full 2012 snowmobile lineup
March 4, 2011
Filed under Features
In addition to the already-released 800 Switchback Pro-R, 600 Switchback Adventure and 600 Pro-RMK 155, Polaris Industries has announced its launching six more all-new models in its 2012 lineup.
Details of those and returning models were released at the company’s dealer meeting in Las Vegas. Also announced was Polaris Snow Check Select, which allows riders to specify the performance, comfort, convenience and graphics of their sled through April 19.
The 2012 models include:
- Five new crossover sleds, including the 600 Switchback Adventure, have a smoother ride and predictable handling, according to Polaris. Many models are equipped standard with new independent front suspension (IFS). All 600 models are powered by the 600 Cleanfire engine, while 800 Switchbacks feature the 800 Cleanfire.
- Five RUSH models will appear in 2012, including the new 800 RUSH Pro-R LE, which is only available through Snow Check. The four other models include Polaris’ PRO-RIDE chassis with 600 or 800 Cleanfire engines. Shock, suspension and engine options are available, including the 500 IQ, 600 IQ and 750cc TURBO IQ.
- Three new RMK models, including the 600 Pro-RMK 155, were developed to minimize weight and maximize performance with the 600 Cleanfire engine and PRO-RIDE RMK chassis. Four 800 RMK models, with the PRO-RIDE RMK chassis and 800 Cleanfire engine, will also be available.
- Trail Luxury models will all come standard with electric start, protective tall windshields, mirrors and reverse with a 4-stroke, turbo-charged engine or the 600 Cleanfire. The 600 LXT and TURBO LXT also include plush passenger seats with footrests, hand warmers and adjustable backrests. Those models, along with the TURBO LX, have IQ 136-inch Comfort Rear Suspension for a smooth ride on rough terrain.
- Utility sleds, including the FS IQ WideTrak, 600 IQ WideTrak and WideTrak LX, have large-capacity fuel tanks, heavy-duty cargo racks, a wide ski stance, IQ Front Suspension, utility-tipped rear suspension, 20-inch high windshields, adjustable passenger backrests and heated handgrips.
- The 2012 youth sled is a 120 Pro-R that includes a 120 four-stroke engine, IFS and a safety tether that attached to the rider’s jacket and stops the engine immediately when unplugged.
Also updated is Polaris’ P&A, with all-new PURE-DRY riding gear, the new Lock & Ride Adventure Cargo System, updated sled protection and more.
- For more of the latest news, click here.
- To see the contents of the current print issue of PSB, click here.