PowersportsBusiness.com
You will automatically be redirected in 10 seconds. Click here to proceed.

Social Media

BRP expands Can-Am ordering

July 12, 2011
Filed under Features

MONTREAL – BRP officials announced at the company’s Club BRP dealer meeting at the Palais des Congress in Montreal that beginning this fall, dealers will be able to order Can-Am off-road products 12 times a year under a new flexible ordering system. BRP dealers currently place orders twice a year.

More than 4,000 powersports guests from 80 countries listened Sunday as Yves Leduc, vice president and general manager of BRP’s North American division, and Chris Dawson, vice president and general manager of BRP’s international division, unveiled the company’s new model year 2012 products in a party atmosphere that was part rock concert, part Cirque du Soleil, complete with fire baton twirlers.

A BRP-backed, Web-based worldwide dealer community also will enhance the dealer experience, Leduc said. The fall launch will include forums, tips and technical information.

Prior to the new model year 2012 product unveiling, BRP officials said that North American revenues have increased 26 percent over 2010, and dealer BRP inventories are at an all-time low in North America.

In addition, BRP has no plans to expand its North American dealer network, but instead plans to “create leverage with dealers that are committed to growth.”

“So far the feedback from dealers is good,” BRP president and CEO José Boisjoli told Powersports Business following a meeting with international media members. “During the business presentation, the message I’m sure would convince them that we have a vision and we know where we’re going. Now they’ll understand better why we’re doing this event.”

Boisjoli also told dealers of BRP’s international expansion in recent years. In 2003, 82 percent of BRP’s business came from the United States and Canada, with European countries garnering the remaining 18 percent. In 2010, those numbers changed. The U.S. still leads with 39 percent and Canada has 25 percent, but Europe now makes up 21 percent and other countries, such as Russia and Brazil, comprise 15 percent of BRP’s business.

Boisjoli said the company plans to continue to use its diversification to achieve a more balanced portfolio in coming years. He expects BRP to have 50 percent of its business from the combination of the U.S. and Canada, with the rest of the world providing the other 50 percent, by 2016-17.

In the Sea-Doo PWC segment, the company reported that sales of GTI mdoles are up more than 300 percent year-to-date. Some model year 2012 Sea-Doos will begin shipment in September to certain markets.

The Spyder continues to receive high marks, with U.S. sales up almost 60 percent this spring compared to a year ago.

Boisjoli said work is already underway on a second generation of the BRP Rotax E-TEC engine.

“We’re confident 2012 is going to be a very good year for BRP,” Leduc said.

Read more about Club BRP in the upcoming edition of Powersports Business.

  • For more of the latest news, click here.
  • To see the contents of the current print issue of PSB, click here.

Comments

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!