Snowmobile safety week set for Jan. 15-21
January 13, 2012
Filed under News
International Snowmobile Safety Week is Jan. 15-21. Snowmobile safety is a year-round project that is supported by safety trainers, clubs, associations, enforcement officials, dealers and the manufacturers throughout the world.
While snow has not greeted snowmobilers in ample supply so far this winter, the International Snowmobile Manufacturers Association’s Safe Riders! campaign focuses on key areas of concern that are the major causes of snowmobile accidents. Those key issues include:
1. Snowmobiling and alcohol don’t mix; don’t drink and ride.
2. Know before you go; always check local ice conditions.
3. When night riding, slow down; always expect the unexpected.
4. Ride safe; stay on the trail; always respect private property.
5. Cross roads with care; don’t become road kill.
6. Ride smart; ride right; always stay in control.
7. One is the loneliest number; never ride alone.
8. Know the risks and be prepared; make every trip a round trip (be avalanche smart).
Snowmobile clubs and associations interested in participating in the International Snowmobile Safety Week can download the Safety Week Campaign Action Manual here. The manual provides tips on how to organize a local safety campaign and promote the Safe Riders! position.