Arctic Cat Recalls 50,000 Snowmobiles
September 21, 2006
Filed under Uncategorized
Arctic Cat Inc. has recalled about 50,500 snowmobiles after the company received 42 reports relating to loss of steering control and subsequently found that the steering shaft used on certain 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 units can fail at the steering shaft/steering arm attachment.
Manufactured in Thief River Falls, Minn., and sold at Arctic Cat dealerships worldwide from May 2001 through April 2006 for between $6,500 and $9,000, the recalled units include:
- All 2002 440 Sno Pro Models
- All 2003 Firecat 500/600/700, Firecat 700 Snow Pro, and 440 Sno Pro Models
- All 2004 Firecat 500/600/700 (STD and Sno Pro), and Sabercat 500/600/700 Models
- All 2005 Firecat 500/600/700 (STD and Sno Pro), M5,M6,M7, and Sabercat 500/600/700 Models
- All 2006 Crossfire 600/700, Firecat 500/600/700, Firecat 700 Sno Pro, Sabercat 500/600/700, and all M-Series
While no injuries have been reported, consumers are asked to stop using the recalled snowmobiles immediately. Registered owners have been notified about the recall by mail and asked to contact their local Arctic Cat snowmobile dealer to schedule a free repair.
For more information, call Arctic Cat at 800/279-6851 or visit www.arctic-cat.com