Polaris reveals three 2012 snowmobiles
February 8, 2011
Filed under Features
Polaris Industries has introduced three of its 2012 model snowmobiles. The sleds will be available at demo rides events across North America beginning Thursday.
The new models include:
– The 800 Switchback Pro-R, a crossover that features PRO-RIDE progressive-rate rear suspension and an additional 7 inches of tunnel length on a 136-inch bump-bridging rail. Walker Evans needle shocks are used all around the sled, as well as lightweight driveline components, such as a hollow jackshaft, drilled brake rotor and lightweight silencer. Retro graphics are available through Snow Check Select.
– The 600 Switchback Adventure has the same suspension, tunnel length and bump-bridging rail as the 800 Switchback Pro-R, but it also features additional comfort and storage components. The snowmobile comes standard with a tall windshield, wind deflectors, mirrors, 12-volt and RCA outlets, the modular Adventure Cargo System featuring Lock & Ride, an aluminum cargo rack and Lock & Ride saddlebags.
– The 600 Pro-RMK 155-inch is a 600cc version of the 2011 Pro-RMK. The 2012 600 Pro-RMK has lightweight components, such as the silencer, rotor and jackshaft. It has RMK Coil-Over rear suspension, PRO-RIDE RMK adjustable IFT and premium rebuildable Walker Evans shocks in the front and rear. It’s 50 pounds lighter than the 2011 IQ RMK 155-inch.
The complete 2012 snowmobile lineup, which includes several new models, will be introduced on March 3 at www.terraindomination.com.
- For more of the latest news, click here.
- To see the contents of the current print issue of PSB, click here.