Ski-Doo’s 2012 lineup unveiled
February 25, 2011
Filed under Features
BRP recently unveiled its 2012 Ski-Doo lineup to dealers, including a look at what it believes is a state-of-the-art rear suspension system.
The new rMotion rear suspension, the company said, features a progressive motion ratio rear shock, the most travel in the industry, a wide performance window, easy adjustability and controlled transfer. The new suspension will be available on the MX Z X-RS and MX Z X models for 2012.
Other news on the 2012 lineup include:
• Summit Freeride models: BRP added to this emerging market by offering new models with three different track length packages.
• Wider track: The Skandic SWT sled moves to the REV-XU platform, making the entire Ski-Doo lineup built on the REV-X platform. The new Skandic SWT model boasts a 156-by-24 inch track (391-by-61 centimeters), 6 percent more fuel capacity and 52 fewer pounds.
• Expanded engine offerings: BRP is offering a choice of three engine options with the GSX SE model: the 4-TEC 1200, E-TEC 600 H.O. and the E-TEC 800R engines.
“BRP’s focus on the consumer experience is at the core of the 2012 Ski-Doo line-up,” Yves Leduc, vice president and general manager for BRP’s North America division, said in a press release.
- For more of the latest news, click here.
- To see the contents of the current print issue of PSB, click here.