AMA Preps for Vintage Motorcycle Days, July 15-17
June 28, 2005
Filed under Uncategorized
The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) is making final preparations for AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days 2005, July 15-17 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio. The 14th annual event will benefit the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum.
AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days 2005 is scheduled to feature:
– Three vintage bike shows;
– The all-brands AMA Swapmeet, North America’s largest;
– A full slate of guest speakers;
– Demo rides by Ducati, Aprilia, BMW, Buell, Harley-Davidson, Kawasaki, Moto Guzzi and Suzuki;
– Vendors featuring new products from top manufacturers and dealers;
– The Motorcycle Hall of Fame Auction of motorcycles and memorabilia;
– A reunion of motocross legends, in conjunction with the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum’s new “Motocross America” exhibit; and
– Tommi Ahvala’s “Team Extreme” Trials Showcase.
American Historic Motorcycle Racing Association (AHRMA) roadracing; motocross, observed trials and dirt-track racing also are on the schedule.
Ducati will be the “Featured Marque” at this year’s event. Previous Featured Marques were BSA, Honda, Norton, Penton, Vincent, Indian, Spanish motorcycles, Harley-Davidson and BMW.
For more information about AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days 2005, including race tickets, auction details and swapmeet registration, visit www.AMADirectlink.com or call 800/AMA-JOIN.